Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Welcome to my blog!

While I'm not new to blogger in the slightest... see blog from freshman year of high school... this is my first time blogging for educational and professional reasons. I am a senior at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, majoring in Child and Family Studies with a concentration in Early Development and Learning. This will lead to me being licensed to teach children with and without disabilities from birth to age six. I have gotten the opportunity to work with Preschool and PreK children through my educational endeavors as well as paid work. I hope to teach in a Voluntary PreK or kindergarten class upon graduation in May. The official title of my degree will be: Bachelor of Science in Health and Human Science.

This blog was made for the purpose of our educational technology course in the teacher licensure program here at UTK.  However, I figured the very few readers of this blog may be interested in a little bit about me. In my early years, I enjoyed web designing and video editing. While I'm noticing that these programs have changed a bit in the past 6 years, I am still familiar with Photoshop, Lightroom, Sony Vegas Pro, Gimp, Wordpress, and various web tools. I have also dabbled in Photography, but this endeavor never got off the ground as I was bumming cameras off my friends and could never commit to buying one. The link for that fabulous abandoned site can be found HERE. My hobbies now include watching Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, Playing with my black cat named Stormy, and spending time with my significant other, Nathan! oh, and sleeping. I am realizing as I begin my student teaching experience that sleep is very important and one of my favorite things to do.

Oh, and I am a founder of Phi Sigma Pi Eta Theta Chapter here at UTK. It is a gender inclusive honor fraternity that became chartered this past spring. I have served in several leadership positions during this process such as: Public Relations Committee Chair, Recruitment Advisor, and Recruitment/Initiation Committee Chair.

With that, I leave you all with a few pictures from my life... in case you're curious.


Christmas 2015; Gatlinburg, TN

Receiving our charter; Phi Sigma Pi National Convention 2016 Kansas City, Missouri






No comments:

Post a Comment